Requisition Number: 2018-2749
Type of Position: Part-Time
Location: Bluefield, WV
HOURS: SATURDAYS OR SUNDAYS AND REQUIRES A COMMITMENT FOR 12 HOURS EACH SATURDAY OR SUNDAY. POSITION IS LOCATED IN BLUEFIELD WVA.
The Crisis Worker responds to crisis inquiries and intakes (phone and face-to-face); provides clinical screening and crisis intervention services; mobilizes internal and external resources; establishes appropriate stabilization and disposition of each case in coordination with psychiatric staff; and ensures appropriate information/referral for follow-up care in cases not requiring admission to hospital services.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree.
- Knowledge of or experience in working with mental health or chemical dependency field.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the program staff.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Clinical experience sufficient to perform required clinical assessment services.
- Training in non-violent crisis intervention.
- Current CPR certification.
Requires access to transportation.
The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginias, an affiliate of Princeton Community Hospital, is located at the foot of the beautiful East River Mountain in Bluefield, West Virginia. The Pavilion, established March 1, 2010, is a leading provider of behavioral health services for adults 18 and older. The Pavilion is a 64-bed facility providing comprehensive services, both inpatient and outpatient, for individuals ages 18 and older.