Requisition Number: 2019-2891
Type of Position: Part-Time
Location: Bluefield, WV
The Crisis Worker is an integral part of helping someone immediately get the help they need and often, you are the first point of contact of contact for that person in crisis.
This Crisis Worker position involves the following:
- responds to crisis inquiries and intakes (phone and face-to-face)
- provides clinical screening and crisis intervention services
- mobilizes internal and external resources
- establishes appropriate stabilization and disposition of each case in coordination with psychiatric staff
- ensures appropriate information/referral for follow-up care in cases not requiring admission to hospital services
Make a difference for someone in crisis. Apply today.
Hours: Saturdays and additional PRN hrs possible; requires a commitment for 12 hrs each Saturday or Sunday. This position is located in Bluefield WV. Great position for someone working on their next degree or someone retired who wants to use their skills and knowledge.
We need someone with the following skills and degree:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge of or experience in working with mental health or chemical dependency field.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the program staff.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Clinical experience sufficient to perform required clinical assessment services.
- Training in non-violent crisis intervention.
- Current CPR certification.
Requires reliable access to transportation.
The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginias, an affiliate of Princeton Community Hospital, is located at the foot of the beautiful East River Mountain in Bluefield, West Virginia. The Pavilion, established March 1, 2010, is a leading provider of behavioral health services for adults 18 and older. The Pavilion is a 64-bed facility providing comprehensive services, both inpatient and outpatient, for individuals ages 18 and older.