Requisition Number: 2019-2774
Type of Position: Consultant
Location: Tucumcari, NM
Note: this position is located in Tucumcari, NM and can be a PT/PRN employee or a consultant status.
Diamond Healthcare is currently recruiting for a social worker at the Master's level for a Program Therapist position for our OP Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) program. In this position, you will ensure that the emotional and therapeutic needs of patients are consistently met and maintained, based on individual plans of behavioral health care.
Your specific duties will include:
- Conducting and documenting daily group therapy sessions
- Completing psychosocial assessments
- Facilitating family therapy and individual therapy
- Implementing and reviewing treatment and discharge plans
- Master's level licensure as an Independent Social Worker (LISW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Counselor is required.
- 2+ years' experience (in a hospital setting preferred)
- Strong therapy and assessment skills
- Expertise in the needs of geriatric and adult populations
- Experience in performing brief short-term therapy (e.g. cognitive behavioral therapy or solution focused therapy)
- Experience developing therapeutic materials preferred.
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish a plus
This position is located in Tucumcari NM, originally a railroad camp filled with saloons and outlaws and nicknamed "Six-Shooter Siding"! Today, the saloons and outlaws have been replaced with respectable businesses and families. Route 66 is still very much alive along the Tucumcari Boulevard.