Requisition Number: 2021-3608
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Olney, TX
Join the top-notch team of psychiatric professionals who have made Diamond Healthcare one of the nation’s leading behavioral health services providers for over 35 years!
Due to a retirement, we have an opening for a Program Director at our Senior Adult Outpatient Program in Olney, Texas. You must be licensed in Texas to be considered for this position.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Senior Adult Outpatient Program (SOP).
- Treatment plans, Medication summaries and outcome measurements.
- Marketing the program and establishing referral connections within the community to promote /foster the growth and reputation of the program.
- Providing both group and individual therapy.
Specific qualifications include:
- Current and clear State Licensure as a LCSW or LPC.
- 2+ year(s) of experience in working with hospital based group programs or senior adult programs.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Ability to adapt to workload demands and set priorities.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport and develop working relationships.
Olney Hamilton Hospital is a thriving 25-bed rural hospital that was named one of the top Critical Access Hospitals in the country and was recognized by the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health for excellence. Specialty medical services include sleep studies, cardio-pulmonary, urology, gastroenterology. The hospital has a long -term commitment to the Behavioral Health field. For 18 years, the Heritage Program has provided personalized outpatient counseling to senior adults. A key benefit of working for the Heritage Program is the opportunity to “connect” with patients in a way that is not possible in a fast-paced clinic.
Olney is a relaxed rural community. A 40-mile hop North to Wichita Falls finds several cultural amenities (symphony orchestra, ballet, theater, museum, and an art center). The city is home to Sheppard Air Base and Midwestern State University. Area happenings include several annual festivals (Red River Wine Festival, Western Swing Music Festival, and the Texas Ranch Round-Up and Festival) and sporting events (Texas Oklahoma Jr. Golf Tournament, Texas-Oklahoma Oil Bowl Game and the Hotter 'N Hell Hundred Bike Race).