Requisition Number: 2021-3574
Type of Position: Part-Time
Location: Bluefield, WV
Seeking individual with a 4-yr degree in a mental health field, or a LPN with psychiatric experience in a mental health setting.
The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginias, a service of Princeton Community Hospital, in Bluefield WV, is actively seeking a team minded individual for a Saturday/PRN Crisis Counselor position. The ideal candidate will be available to work a 12 hour shift every other Saturday, and have flexibility to pick up additional PRN shifts, if available.The Crisis Counselor is an integral part of helping someone immediately get the assistance they need and often, you the crisis counselor, are the first point of help for that person in crisis. Responsibilities Involve:
- Responds to crisis inquiries and intakes (on-site, primarily phone, some face-to-face).
- Provides clinical screening and crisis intervention services.
- Mobilizes internal and external resources.
- Establishes appropriate stabilization and disposition of each case in coordination with psychiatric staff.
- Ensures appropriate information/referral for follow-up care in cases not requiring admission to hospital services.
- Bachelor's Degree in mental health or related field or LPN with psychiatric experience in a mental health setting.
- Knowledge of or experience in working with mental health.
- Ability to work cooperatively with program staff.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginias, an affiliate of Princeton Community Hospital, is located at the foot of the beautiful East River Mountain in Bluefield, West Virginia. The Pavilion, established March 1, 2010, is a leading provider of behavioral health services for adults 18 and older. The Pavilion is a 64-bed facility providing comprehensive services, both inpatient and outpatient, for individuals ages 18 and older.