Requisition Number: 2021-3555
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Valencia, CA
Looking for a change? Signet Health/Diamond Healthcare is hiring for an experienced and competent nurse for our hospital-based Nurse Manager position. This position is for our acute inpatient adult psychiatric unit in the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley, Valencia CA.
We offer our employees a generous compensation package and promotional opportunities. You won't be alone as we have an amazing supportive management team.
Position requires an experienced Nurse Manager who will mentor staff, advance the clinical direction of the program, become an integral part of the hospital’s management team and serve as an advocate for patients and families. We are looking for someone who is an excellent time manager, can prioritize, and can handle crises calmly and adeptly while maintaining calm on the unit.
- BSN in psychiatric or mental health nursing (or equivalent) is required. MSN preferred.
- Active, In-State RN licensure in good standing.
- Management-level psychiatric experience or relevant experience in the care of the mentally ill and supervision of staff; assessment, planning, provision and FTE management
- Experience with medication teaching, management of the therapeutic milieu and providing mandatory and voluntary in-service training to all staff.
- Knowledge of mental health clinical modalities and processes, budgeting, FTE management, and psychiatric outcomes measurement required.
- Strong training skills, a plus
Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital psychiatric unit is an adult 23-Bed Unit and has both involuntary and voluntary patients. Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital is a 357- bed, not-for-profit hospital located in the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley providing services to the Santa Clarita Valley community for over four decades. The hospital is a Lanterman Petris-Short (LPS) designated facility (can involuntary commit patients).
Valencia is a district area of the city of Santa Clarita in the Santa Clarita Valley. It's famed locally for its oranges and also well known as the home of the Magic Mountain amusement park.
Living in the Santa Clarita Valley offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. There are a lot of coffee shops and parks with many families and young professionals. The public schools are highly rated as well.