Requisition Number: 2019-2981
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Williamsburg, VA
The Pavilion at Williamsburg Place has an opening for a Mental Health Technician (MHT).
The MHT is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patients' physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Monitors patient interactions and safety
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collection
- Performs medical procedures under direction of an RN
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Utilizes knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients.
- Posting charges daily and entering census information
- Scheduling patients therapy and psychiatric appointments
- Answering telephone for program, screen calls, takes messages
- Processing mail and order program supplies
- Transporting patients
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of work experience in a psychiatric / healthcare facility
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families
- Works well in a busy team environment
- CPR Required (training available)
- 8 hour or 12 hour night shifts available
The Pavilion at Williamsburg Place opened in April of 2012 on the established campus of Williamsburg Place near Historic Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. The 66-bed, 33,500-square foot inpatient psychiatric facility offers services based on principles of milieu therapy which provide a safe, supportive and secure environment for individuals to return to a stable level of functioning and live life to the fullest. Each individual is assessed by a team of professionals led by a psychiatrist to determine that they meet the medically necessary criteria for inpatient level of care.