Requisition Number: 2020-3161
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Wamego, KS
Heritage Senior Behavioral Health is seeking a Mental Health Technician- Van Driver to assist patients of the outpatient program. The position will be primarily responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the Senior Outpatient Services patients while transporting patients to and from the program within a 30 mile radius.
This is a 32 hour position with benefits. Schedule is Monday-Friday day shift. Requirements: Minimum age of 23, High School education/GED, must pass all background checks. Preferred: CNA or MHT
The Van Driver must be capable of working independently and will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the safety and security of the patients while transporting them to and from the program and during program hours
- Communicating with patients by telephone any program changes/transportation delays and problem-solving any transportation issues
- Making sure that the van is cleaned and in working order after each use, as well as coordinating all regular scheduled maintenance.
- Supporting patient needs, escort patients who are fall risks
- Participating as a member of the interdisciplinary team- communicating information, integrate appropriately with host Hospital
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma/GED.
- Must have and maintain a current and valid driving license.
- Driving record must meet requirements for insurance coverage for Diamond Healthcare.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and utilizes guest relations principles in all interactions with patients, co-workers, and referral sources. Utilizes warmth and empathy in all interactions.
- Position requires mental alertness.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills, as duties may include giving and receiving of information, verbally, in writing and by telephone.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive working relationships with patients, facility staff and medical staff.