Requisition Number: 2019-2902
Type of Position: Part-Time
Location: Woodstock, VA
Diamond Healthcare is currently seeking a Patient Care Technician to handle driving responsibilities at our Woodstock location.
This is a part time (30 hrs.) with benefits position.
The Mental Health Tech/Van Driver is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patient’s physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Daily patient transportation
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Provides clerical support
- Monitors patient interactions and safety
- Escorts patients with fall risks
- Assists in patient data collection
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team
- Utilizes knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients.
- Posting charges daily and entering census information
- Scheduling patients therapy and psychiatric appointments
- Answering telephone for program, screen calls, takes messages
- Processing mail and order program supplies
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of work experience in a psychiatric / chemical dependency facility
- Clean driving record
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families
- Works well in a busy team environment
Valley Health Behavioral Health offers a 26-bed general adult psychiatric unit at Winchester Medical Center and two off-site Structured Outpatient Programs for Seniors (Winchester and Shenandoah Memorial Hospital in Woodstock, VA).
Our Winchester site has expanded to include both adults and senior adults.