Requisition Number: 2018-2747
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Note: this position is located in Alamogordo, NM.
Diamond Healthcare currently has open positions for experienced Social Workers (LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LPCC, or LMHC) and Intake Social Worker in a hospital psychiatric setting.
The Intake Social worker provides intake/assessments, coordination with referral systems, and connection to community resources. The Social Worker/Therapist provides psychosocial assessments, quality assurance, group activities, case management, discharge planning, connection to community resources, and crisis intervention as part of the multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- State Licensure as a Master's Level Social Worker (LMSW or LCSW) or Counselor (LPC, LPCC, or LMHC) required. Will strongly consider a BSW with experience for an Intake Social Worker Position.
- 2+ year(s) of experience in working with mental health and/or chemical dependency field.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Training in non-violent crisis intervention.
- Current CPR certification.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to adapt to workload demands, set priorities, and be part of a team.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and develop working relationships.
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center is a 99-bed general medical and surgical hospital in Alamogordo, NM. The 36-bed inpatient behavioral medicine unit, an acute psychiatric stabilization unit for adults ages 18+, incorporates five treatment tracks: geriatric, general adult, PTSD, co-occurring disorders, and active duty military. Outpatient services, located on the main hospital campus and in nearby Ruidoso, include a medication management clinic, intensive outpatient group therapy, and intensive outpatient co-occurring disorders group therapy. A partial hospitalization program (PHP) will be opening in early 2019.
Alamogordo is a tourist destination, located in south Central New Mexico in the high desert next to the Sacramento Mountains. The area boasts great weather and wide open spaces that allow for a myriad of outdoor activities including hiking, paragliding, snow skiing, camping and golfing. The stunning White Sands National Monument draws Filmmakers and photographers to the area. Alamogordo is a growing community with a diversity of cultures (English, Hispanic and German). The city is home to many events and festivals, including Oktoberfest, White Sands Balloon Invitational, concerts at the International Space Hall of Fame and the Cinco de Mayo celebration.