Requisition Number: 2020-3403
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Socorro, NM
Diamond Healthcare is working with Socorro General Hospital seeking a licensed, competent, and passionate social worker for the senior/disabled adult program in Socorro, New Mexico.
Note this is a hospital employed position with all benefits and salary provided by the Socorro General Hospital, part of Presbyterian Healthcare Services, largest healthcare system in New Mexico.
In this therapist position, you will ensure that the emotional and therapeutic needs of patients are consistently met and maintained, based on individual plans of behavioral health care.
This position is extremely relationship-based.
Your specific duties will include:
- Conducting and documenting daily group therapy sessions.
- Occasionally providing family counseling.
- Implementing and reviewing treatment and discharge plans.
- Master's level licensure as a New Mexico Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker is required.
- 2+ years’ experience (in a hospital setting preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA.
- Strong therapy and assessment skills
- Expertise in the needs of geriatric and adult populations
- Experienced conducting group therapy with the senior/disabled adult population.
- Experienced developing therapeutic materials.
Socorro General Hospital, located in Socorro New Mexico, is part of Presbyterian Healthcare Services which is the largest healthcare system in New Mexico. Socorro is close to Albuquerque NM, home of one of the largest hot-air balloon festivals in the country (about 75 miles south).