Requisition Number: 2019-3122
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Williamsburg, VA
The Farley Center is currently looking for full-time Licensed Practical Nurses for the either the 7:00am - 7:00pm or 7:00pm - 7:00am shift. Duties to include:
- Performs safe and effective patient care utilizing the nursing process.
- Performs admissions and assessments.
Consults with and keeps supervisor informed of activities, needs and problems in regard to assigned patients and/or unit.
May act as Charge Nurse of unit. Complies with established nursing standards. Implements and maintains established policies and procedures of the department, unit, facility quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control.
Maintains patient rights and strict confidentiality of patient information and abide by established lines of communication.
Maintains competency. Attends required meetings, inservices and educational programs. Maintain professional growth and development, affiliations, certification and licensure.
Makes rounds, evaluate patient's condition, answer questions, give instruction.
Takes vital signs, record vital signs and behavioral observations.
May prepare prescribed medications. Observes and records: medications and treatments and patient reaction/response to same.
Maintains an active awareness of detox process and problems which may be experienced. May be necessary to arrange interactions with AA, NA, etc. May involve counseling patients and family on physical aspects of drug abuse and alcoholism to include distribution of appropriate literature.
Assists in planning for discharge and continuation of recovery through introduction of community programs, obtaining sponsors, and counseling as recommended.
- Must be a graduate from a State Accredited License Practical Nursing School
- Current Virginia nursing license
- LPN will respond to emergencies and initiate CPR when necessary
- Position requires high mental alertness
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of the illnesses involved with chemical dependency; active awareness of symptoms of substance abuse and possible effects