Requisition Number: 2019-2851
Type of Position: Per Diem/ PRN
Location: Olney, TX
We are seeking a LMHC for a PRN position in Olney, TX.
As a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, you will ensure that the emotional and therapeutic needs of patients are consistently met and maintained, based on individual plans of behavioral health care.
Your specific duties will include:
- Conducting and documenting daily group therapy sessions
- Completing psychosocial assessments
- Facilitating family therapy and individual therapy
- Implementing and reviewing treatment and discharge plans
Diamond Healthcare is diligently working to bring behavioral health and addictions help access to those in remote and rural areas throughout the USA.
To do this, we partner with hospitals all over the USA in setting up behavioral health programs and addictions programs to those in need. For these programs to be a success, Diamond finds and hires the most qualified and experienced professional behavioral health professionals.
- Texas Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC, LPC, LMSW, LMFT) is required.
- Experience working with geriatric and adult populations (hospital setting preferred)
- Strong therapy and assessment skills
- Experience in performing brief short-term therapy (e.g. cognitive behavioral therapy or solution focused therapy)
- Experience developing therapeutic materials preferred.
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish a plus
Olney Hamilton Hospital is a thriving 25 bed rural hospital that was named one of the top Critical Access Hospitals in the country and was recognized by the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health for excellence. Specialty medical services include sleep studies, cardio-pulmonary, urology, gastroenterology. The hospital has a long term commitment to the Behavioral Health field. For 18 years, the Heritage Program has provided personalized outpatient counseling to senior adults. A key benefit of working for the Heritage Program is opportunity to “connect” with patients in way that is not possible in a fast-paced clinic.
Olney is a relaxed rural community. A 40 mile hop North to Wichita Falls finds several cultural amenities (symphony orchestra, ballet, theater, museum, and an art center). The city is home to Sheppard Air Base and Midwestern State University. Area happenings include several annual festivals (Red River Wine Festival, Western Swing Music Festival, and the Texas Ranch Round-Up and Festival) and sporting events (Texas Oklahoma Jr. Golf Tournament, Texas-Oklahoma Oil Bowl Game and the Hotter 'N Hell Hundred Bike Race).