Requisition Number: 2020-3172
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Brady, TX
Diamond Healthcare is seeking a licensed, competent, and compassionate Mental Health Counselor to join our Heart of Brady team.
Your specific duties will include:
- Facilitating Daily Group & Individual Therapy
- Completing Psychosocial Assessments
- Assisting with Treatment Planning and Discharge Planning
- Completing Utilization Review
- Outreach & Referral Development as assigned
Diamond Healthcare offers a full compensation package which includes 401k plus match, generous PTO and additional seven (7) days for holidays - New Years' - Memorial Day - July 4 - Labor Day - Thanksgiving + day after - Christmas Day.
- Texas Master's level licensure as a Social Worker or Counselor is required (LCSW, LMSW, LPC, LPC-Intern)
- 2+ years of experience (in a hospital setting preferred)
- Strong therapy and assessment skills
- Expertise in the needs of geriatric and adult populations
- Experience in performing brief short-term therapy (e.g. cognitive behavioral therapy or solution focused therapy)
- Experience developing therapeutic materials preferred.
Diamond Healthcare has been working with the Heritage Program for Senior Adults in Brady, Texas providing intensive treatment Monday - Friday which allows patients to return to their home each evening.
Treatment modalities are designed to meet the unique needs of older adults by educating patients, families, and caregivers regarding mental health issues affecting daily living. Treatment is supervised by a Psychiatrist and provided by a team that includes masters level clinicians and mental health providers. We encourage caregivers, families and primary care physicians to participate in the process by assisting with the identification of problems and solutions.