Requisition Number: 2019-2792
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Winchester, VA
As a LCSW you will ensure that the emotional and therapeutic needs of patients are consistently met and maintained, based on individual plans of behavioral health care.
Your specific duties will include:
- Conducting and documenting daily group therapy sessions
- Completing psychosocial assessments
- Facilitating family therapy and individual therapy
- Implementing and reviewing treatment and discharge plans
This position will be shared between Winchester Medical Cener and Shenandoah Medical Center.
- Master's level licensure as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is required.
- 2+ years experience (in a hospital setting preferred)
- Strong therapy and assessment skills
- Expertise in the needs of geriatric and adult populations
- Experience in performing brief short-term therapy (e.g. cognitive behavioral therapy or solution focused therapy)
- Experience developing therapeutic materials preferred.
Valley Health Behavioral Health offers a 26 bed general adult psychiatric unit at Winchester Medical Center and two off-site Structured Outpatient Programs for Seniors (Winchester and Shenandoah Memorial Hospital in Woodstock, VA).
Our Winchester site has expanded to include both adults and senior adults.