Requisition Number: 2019-2792
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Winchester, VA
Diamond Healthcare offers a full benefit package including generous PTO, 401k and more...
We are currently seeking valid Virginia licensed social workers for our program in Winchester VA.
Social Workers are a main component of our program helping ensure that the emotional and therapeutic needs of patients are consistently met and maintained, based on individual plans of behavioral health care.
Your specific duties will include:
- Conducting and documenting daily group therapy sessions
- Completing psychosocial assessments
- Facilitating family therapy and individual therapy
- Implementing and reviewing treatment and discharge plans
This position will be shared between Winchester Medical Center and Shenandoah Medical Center.
- Master's level licensure as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is required.
- 2+ years experience (in a hospital setting preferred)
- Strong therapy and assessment skills
- Expertise in the needs of geriatric and adult populations
- Experience in performing brief short-term therapy (e.g. cognitive behavioral therapy or solution focused therapy)
- Experience developing therapeutic materials preferred.
Valley Health Behavioral Health offers a 26 bed general adult psychiatric unit at Winchester Medical Center and two off-site Structured Outpatient Programs for Seniors (Winchester and Shenandoah Memorial Hospital in Woodstock, VA).
Our Winchester site has expanded to include both adults and senior adults.