Requisition Number: 2021-3605
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Diamond Healthcare is recruiting for a behavioral health professional to fill the position of Executive Director of Behavioral Health position at our program with Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center in Alamogordo, New Mexico.
This is a great opportunity to serve the community while working collaboratively with Diamond Healthcare and GCRMC hospital leadership. Reporting directly to hospital administration, this is a highly visible position with strategic responsibility.
Apply today if you are dedicated to exceptional patient care, cutting-edge services, and executive-level professionalism.Areas of experience:
- Budgeting and financial management
- Referral development
- Enforcing compliance measures
- Establishing resources to achieve program goals and effectiveness
- Personnel management
- Program analysis and evaluation
- The ideal candidate will be a compliance driven leader with a strong focus on safety, quality, and integrity
- Master's Degree preferred (Business, Psychology, Nursing, or Healthcare Related field)
- 5+ years leading a successful and profitable inpatient behavioral health program
- Working knowledge of State, CMS, and DNV accreditation standards
- Understanding of/ability to operate under a contract management arrangement
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center is a 99-bed general medical and surgical hospital in Alamogordo, NM. The inpatient behavioral medicine unit, an acute psychiatric stabilization unit for adults and seniors with two 18-bed units, incorporates five treatment tracks: geriatric, general adult, PTSD, co-occurring disorders, and active duty military. Outpatient services, located on the main hospital campus and in nearby Ruidoso, include a medication management clinic, intensive outpatient group therapy, partial hospitalization program and co-occurring disorders group therapy. Additionally, electroconvulsive therapy is offered as both an in- and outpatient service.
Alamogordo is a tourist destination, located in South Central New Mexico in the high desert next to the Sacramento Mountains. The area boasts great weather and wide open spaces that allow for a myriad of outdoor activities including hiking, paragliding, snow skiing, camping and golfing. The stunning White Sands National Monument draws Filmmakers and photographers to the area. Alamogordo is a growing community with a diversity of cultures (English, Hispanic and German). The city is home to many events and festivals, including Oktoberfest, White Sands Balloon Invitational, concerts at the International Space Hall of Fame and the Cinco de Mayo celebration.