Requisition Number: 2020-3258
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Diamond Healthcare is seeking a BSN or MSN for the Director of Nursing position for the adult unit at Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital in Lynchburg, Virginia.
Diamond offers a competitive benefits package including insurances - medical, dental, vision, life, disability; generous PTO plus an additional seven holidays, and 401k.
Diamond Healthcare is also offering a generous sign-on bonus for this position and relocation allowance.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Promoting, developing and evaluating processes and systems for patient care.
- Seeking and acting upon patient, family and staff feedback.
- Leading the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Evaluating the outcomes of patient care to recommend and integrate appropriate changes.
- Ensuring efficient fiscal operation of the Department of Psychiatry.
- Ensuring compliance with hospital, state, federal and licensing agency regulatory standards.
- Leading and/or participating in Quality Improvement (QI) groups and other multidisciplinary meetings.
- Collaboration with community health organizations to enhance the hospital’s community presence.
- Frequent visibility on all shifts and weekends to enhance staff communication and monitor staff effectiveness.
Staff is expected to model standards of behavior:
- Commitment to Patient & Visitors
- Serve with compassion.
- Communicate with clarity.
- Create a connection.
- Show integrity.
- Commitment to Colleagues:
- Exceed expectations.
- Lead by example.
- Be dependable.
- Build ONE team.
- BSN with management experience, MSN preferred.
- Active, In-State RN licensure in good standing.
- 3 years' inpatient experience preferred of relevant experience in the care of the mentally ill and supervision of paraprofessional staff; assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of psychiatric nursing care to patients.
- Experience with medication teaching, management of the therapeutic milieu and providing mandatory and voluntary in-service training to all staff.
- Strong training skills, a plus.
Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital is part of the regional non-profit healthcare system based in Lynchburg, VA. It was created in 1987 through the merger of the Lynchburg General and Virginia Baptist Hospitals. In 2006, Southside Community Hospital joined Centra and then in 2014 Bedford Memorial Hospital became the fourth hospital in the Centra healthcare system. Centra's values are centered on patient care, drive for excellence, integrity & respect, and teamwork.
Lynchburg is a small city east of the Blue Ridge Mountains offering a number of both cultural and outdoor activities. If you're a history buff, you will definitely be in your element. Outdoor winter sports abound, and Virginia Beach is only a couple hours east. Many people have visited Lynchburg and decided to call it home. Check it out and find your passion.