Requisition Number: 2020-3279
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Virginia RN Licensure or Compact state required. BSN with management experience, MSN preferred.
Diamond Healthcare is working with Virginia Baptist Hospital in Lynchburg VA to provide behavioral health care to patients in the Child & Adolescent Program. We are seeking a full-time experienced Nurse Manager for this unit.
Diamond Healthcare has served over 500 hospitals and facilities for over 30 years. We value our employees and hire the most qualified. Diamond offers a competitive and complete compensation package, including insurance coverages, 401K + match, generous PTO and more..
Generous Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Allowance.
The focus of this position is to ensure competent and excellent patient care is provided to consistently meet each patient's needs and requirements. The Nurse Manager will foster an environment for effective relationship-based nursing care and to ensure that the department consistently provides high quality care with positive patient outcomes. The Nurse Manager position reports to hospital leadership and the Diamond Vice President of Operations.
- The Child & Adolescent Acute Program is a short term, highly structured environment to children and adolescents (5-18) in need of immediate stabilization to help with severe emotional or behavioral problems.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Promoting, developing and evaluating processes and systems for patient care.
- Seeking and acting upon patient, family and staff feedback.
- Leading the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Evaluating the outcomes of patient care to recommend and integrate appropriate changes.
- Ensuring efficient fiscal operation of the Department of Psychiatry.
- Ensuring compliance with hospital, state, federal and licensing agency regulatory standards.
- Leading and/or participating in Quality Improvement (QI) groups and other multidisciplinary meetings.
- Collaboration with community health organizations to enhance the hospital’s community presence.
- Frequent visibility on all shifts and weekends to enhance staff communication and monitor staff effectiveness.
Please note that with this position, we have an after-hours supervisor to handle on-site challenges!
We also have strong support and partnership with local universities including Liberty University College of Medicine as well as local behavioral health agencies.
Staff is expected to model standards of behavior:
- Commitment to Patient & Visitors
- Serve with compassion.
- Communicate with clarity.
- Create a connection.
- Show integrity.
- Commitment to Colleagues:
- Exceed expectations.
- Lead by example.
- Be dependable.
- Build ONE team.
- BSN with management experience, MSN preferred.
- Active, In-State RN licensure in good standing.
- 3 years' inpatient experience preferred of relevant experience in the care of the mentally ill and supervision of paraprofessional staff; assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of psychiatric nursing care to patients.
- Experience with medication teaching, management of the therapeutic milieu and providing mandatory and voluntary in-service training to all staff.
- Strong training skills, a plus.
Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital is part of the regional non-profit healthcare system based in Lynchburg, VA. It was created in 1987 through the merger of the Lynchburg General and Virginia Baptist Hospitals. In 2006, Southside Community Hospital joined Centra and then in 2014 Bedford Memorial Hospital became the fourth hospital in the Centra healthcare system. Centra's values are centered on patient care, drive for excellence, integrity & respect, and teamwork.
Lynchburg is a small city east of the Blue Ridge Mountains offering a number of both cultural and outdoor activities. If you're a history buff, you will definitely be in your element. Outdoor winter sports abound, and Virginia Beach is only a couple hours east. Many people have visited Lynchburg and decided to call it home. Check it out and find your passion.