Requisition Number: 2019-3070
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Washington, DC
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare manages the behavioral health services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center.
The Director of Clinical Quality and Compliance will oversee performance improvement, risk management and compliance duties for the Medstar Washington Hospital Center Outpatient and Inpatient Behavioral Health Services utilizing best practices. The job responsibilities include:
- Ensures compliance with the District of Columbia and Federal agency regulatory agencies;
- Collects and reports data for the quality dashboards;
- Prepares the survey process for The Joint Commission;
- Ensures readiness for all Corporate, local and federal audits and surveys through medical record reviews, identification of deficiencies and written plans of correction;
- Initiates and monitors the quality initiatives;
- Reviews and revises policies and procedures;
- Monitors incident reporting internally and externally to agencies;
- Educates staff with regards to quality, risk management and regulatory compliance issues;
- Meets with Program Staff to ensure a systematic approach to identifying, prioritizing and assessing appropriate quality activities and interventions;
- Provides “Hands On” leadership in order to engage staff in quality/compliance efforts;
- Participates actively in Medstar Washington Hospital Center and the Department of Mental Health Quality meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Masters degree in a healthcare field. Registered Nurse or LICSW is strongly preferred. At least 5 years working in quality/compliance/risk healthcare setting and at least 2 years experience with medical record reviews, quality data monitoring, regulatory and accreditation surveys. Also, must have experience with staff education regarding quality and compliance issues. Candidates with certification in healthcare compliance are highly desirable.
For more than a half a century, MedStar Washington Hospital Center has set the highest standard for health care—and reached and surpassed it year after year.
MedStar Washington Hospital Center is a not-for-profit, 926-bed academic medical center in the center of the nation’s capital—and every day, hundreds of people in the region depend on us for their care. In 2013 alone, the hospital opened its door for nearly 500,000 inpatient and outpatient visits by residents from throughout the Mid-Atlantic.
We are the busiest and largest hospital in Washington, D.C. and the surrounding area—and serve as referral center and the central hub for the region’s most advanced acute medical care. But we are much more. Our primary and secondary health services help our community’s residents get and stay healthy, and help to improve patients’ quality of life by managing chronic illness. Our inpatient services, education and research programs, outpatient care and community outreach initiatives are all aimed at meeting today’s health care needs—and at leading the way to meet the future health needs of the nation.