Requisition Number: 2019-2966
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Williamsburg, VA
The Pavilion at Williamsburg Place is seeking a Master’s Level Clinician in the field of Social Work or Counseling for the role of a Therapist. Emphasis on group and family therapy completing Biopsychosocial Assessments and developing, implementing and reviewing treatment plans and case management and discharge planning.
- Master's degree in Social Work or Counseling is required
- 2+ years acute inpatient psychiatric experience required or related experience.
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Experience in performing brief short-term therapy (e.g. cognitive behavioral therapy or solution focused therapy)
- Knowledgeable about needs of adult and geriatric populations; trained in a variety of treatment philosophies to respond to varying patient responses to treatment.
- Must be able to set and maintain therapeutic relationship and understand boundaries with clients.
- Ability to exercise self-control in potentially volatile situations; able to concentrate amidst distractions; ability to handle interruptions and be able to multitask; must be flexible and not easily frustrated in dealing with differences of opinions.
The Pavilion at Williamsburg Place opened in April of 2012 on the established campus of Williamsburg Place near Historic Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. The 66-bed, 33,500-square foot inpatient psychiatric facility offers services based on principles of milieu therapy which provide a safe, supportive and secure environment for individuals to return to a stable level of functioning and live life to the fullest. Each individual is assessed by a team of professionals led by a psychiatrist to determine that they meet the medically necessary criteria for inpatient level of care.