Requisition Number: 2019-3007
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Tiffin, OH
Diamond Healthcare is currently seeking an experienced nurse to fill the position of Psychiatric Nurse Manager/Director of Nursing. This position will work to provide an environment for effective relationship-based nursing care and to ensure that the department consistently provides high quality care with positive patient outcomes.
- Ensuring efficient fiscal operation of the Department of Psychiatry.
- Seeking and acting upon patient, family and staff feedback.
- Promoting, developing and evaluating processes and systems for patient care.
- Leading the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Evaluating the outcomes of patient care to recommend and integrate appropriate changes.
- Ensuring compliance with hospital, state, federal and licensing agency regulatory standards.
- Leading and/or participating in Quality Improvement (QI) groups and other multidisciplinary meetings.
- Collaboration with community health organizations to enhance the hospital’s community presence.
- Strong team leadership skills.
Diamond Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and salary package, generous PTO, 401k + match. With Diamond Healthcare, you're not just an employee, you're a member of our team.
- BSN in psychiatry or mental health nursing (or equivalent) is required. MSN preferred.
- Active, Ohio RN licensure in good standing.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the care of the mentally ill and supervision of paraprofessional staff; assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of psychiatric nursing care to patients.
- Experience with medication teaching, management of the therapeutic milieu and providing mandatory and voluntary in-service training to all staff.
- Strong training skills, a plus.
Sojourn at Seneca is a comprehensive inpatient behavioral health hospital designed to meet the needs of older adults. The main goals of treatment are stabilization and to provide treatment to overcome current crisis, achieving personal growth in the process.
In collaboration with each patient's physician, our team of health care professionals designs an individual treatment program to address emotional and psychological health, as well as any outstanding physical and medical issues a patient is experiencing. Sojourn at Seneca's behavioral health program is specially designed to meet older adults' therapeutic needs, while offering a comfortable and welcoming environment during treatment.