Requisition Number: 2021-3508
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Valencia, CA
We are looking for an experienced Nurse Manager who is a problem-solver and drives outcomes for an acute inpatient adult psychiatric unit in the Santa Clarita Valley, Valencia CA.
Position requires an experienced Nurse Manager who will mentor staff, advance the clinical direction of the program, become an integral part of the hospital’s management team and serve as an advocate for patients and families. We are looking for someone who is an excellent time manager, can prioritize, and can handle crises calmly and adeptly while maintaining calm on the unit.
Position responsibilities include:
- Daily oversight of nursing staff
- Employee recruitment - supervision - engagement; professional development - training - education of staff around evidence-based practices
- Program and process improvement
- Leading the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards of care
- Evaluating the outcomes of patient care to recommend and integrate appropriate changes
- Leading and/or participating in Quality Improvement (QI) groups and other multidisciplinary meetings
- Regulatory compliance and survey readiness
- Ensuring compliance with hospital, state, federal and licensing agency regulatory standards
- Physician relations
- Customer satisfaction
- Provision of high-quality, safe patient care
- Promoting, developing and evaluating processes and systems for patient care
- BSN in psychiatric or mental health nursing (or equivalent) is required. MSN preferred.
- Active, In-State RN licensure in good standing.
- 3+ years management-level inpatient psychiatric experience or relevant experience in the care of the mentally ill and supervision of staff; assessment, planning, provision and FTE management
- Experience with medication teaching, management of the therapeutic milieu and providing mandatory and voluntary in-service training to all staff.
- Knowledge of mental health clinical modalities and processes, budgeting, FTE management, and psychiatric outcomes measurement required.
- Strong training skills, a plus
Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital is a 357 bed, not-for-profit hospital located in the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley providing services to the Santa Clarita Valley community for over four decades. The hospital is a Lanterman Petris-Short (LPS) designated facility (can involuntary commit patients). The behavioral health unit is an adult 23-Bed Unit where patients can be admitted voluntarily or involuntary.
Valencia is a district area of the city of Santa Clarita in the Santa Clarita Valley. It's famed locally for its oranges and also well known as the home of the Magic Mountain amusement park.
Living in the Santa Clarita Valley offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. There are a lot of coffee shops and parks with many families and young professionals. The public schools are highly rated as well.