Requisition Number: 2020-3165
Type of Position: Per Diem/ PRN
Location: Washington, DC
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare, manages the behavioral health services for MedStar Washington Hospital Center, has PRN openings for Behavioral Health Technicians.
The Behavioral Health Technician is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patient's physical and emotional needs and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Monitors patient interactions and safety
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collection
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Utilizes knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients.
- Transports patients to outside appointments, if necessary
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required, a Bachelors degree is strongly preferred
- 1+ years of work experience in a psychiatric / chemical dependency facility
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology
- Strong customer service
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families
- Works well in a busy team environment