Requisition Number: 2019-3025
Type of Position: Part-Time
Location: Fallon, NV
Diamond Healthcare has an immediate need for a Mental Health Tech/Van Driver for our program at Banner Churchhill.
The Mental Health Tech is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patient's physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Daily patient transportation
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Preforms Admissions/Insurance Verification and Billing
- Monitors patient interactions and safety
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collections
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Utilizes knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients.
- Posting charges daily and entering census information
- Scheduling patients therapy and psychiatric appointments
- Answering telephone for program, screen calls, takes messages
- Processing mail and order program supplies
- Marketing program with daily contacts
- Assisting patients with toileting needs
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certified Nurse's Aide background is helpful, but not mandatory
- 1+ years of work experience in a healthcare facility or personal care for senior adults preferred
- Clean driving record
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology
- Proficient in EXCEL, and other Microsoft office programs
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families and coworkers
- Works well in a busy team environment
Banner Churchill Community Hospital in Fallon, NV is a 25-bed licensed hospital that opened in 1996. Serving a rural population of approximately 45,000 people, Banner Churchill Community Hospital employs over 300 people and has over 40 active physicians and allied health professionals. We offer acute and primary care, including comprehensive emergency care with an ambulance service that covers more than 5,900 square miles. We serve with compassion, caring and respect to maintain the dignity and enhance the well-being of each person.