Requisition Number: 2019-3014
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Williamsburg, VA
The Behavioral Health Pavilion in Williamsburg has an opening in the Admissions Department.
The Admissions Manager will:
- Monitors and ensures Admission Coordinators provide a high level of customer service at all times, and supports the team by taking a positive, patient centered approach to the work in the department.
- Monitors call volumes and service requests to ensure proper staffing during peak call times.
- Strong understanding of revenue cycle operations in the following functional areas: registration, benefit verification, coordination of benefits, and payer participation status.
- Monitors and ensures accurate pre-registrations and insurance eligibility verifications according to established productivity and quality standards.
- Responsible for holding team members accountable and addressing conduct issues immediately.
- Maintains strong collaborative team member approach and places emphasis on working together.
- Demonstrates knowledge of payer requirements - ability to identify appropriate clinical criteria.
- Responsible for managing/handling sensitive cases – which require added clinical expertise.
- Provides additional coverage for the Admissions team – i.e. answers phones, processes admission requests, and completes clinical screenings and Intake Assessments during times of high volume
- Assists with scheduling Admissions Coordinators to manage call/request volume and provide excellent customer service to referrals. In effect, helping to eliminate missed admission opportunities.
- Monitors phone conversations and provides clinical coaching to increase the quality of customer service.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in the field of behavioral health and customer service preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a Management of Leadership role
- Managerial experience may be substituted for formal education