Requisition Number: 2018-2377
Type of Position: Per Diem/ PRN
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Note: this position is located in Alamogordo, NM and is PRN.
Diamond Healthcare currently has open positions for experienced Licensed Clinical Social Workers in a hospital outpatient psychiatric setting. LCSW provides intake/assessments, psychosocial assessments, quality assurance, group therapy, case management, discharge planning, and connection to community resources as part of the multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- State Licensure as Master's Level Social Worker (LISW, LCSW) or Counselor (LPCC, LMHC) required.
- 2+ year(s) of experience in working with mental health or chemical dependency field.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Training in non-violent crisis intervention.
- Current CPR certification.
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to adapt to workload demands and set priorities
- Ability to build rapport quickly and develop working relationships
- Requires access to transportation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center is a 99-bed general medical and surgical hospital in Alamogordo, NM. The 38-bed inpatient behavioral medicine unit an acute psychiatric stabilization unit for adults, incorporates five treatment tracks: geriatric, general adult, PTSD, co-occurring disorders, and active duty military. Outpatient services, located on the main hospital campus and in nearby Ruidoso, include a medication management clinic, intensive outpatient group therapy, and co-occurring disorders group therapy. Outpatient services is currently expanding to include a partial hospitalization program.
Alamogordo is a tourist destination, located in south Central New Mexico in the high desert next to the Sacramento Mountains. The area boasts great weather and wide open spaces that allow for a myriad of outdoor activities including hiking, paragliding, snow skiing, camping and golfing. The stunning White Sands National Monument draws Filmmakers and photographers to the area. Alamogordo is a growing community with a diversity of cultures (English, Hispanic and German). The city is home to many events and festivals, including Oktoberfest, White Sands Balloon Invitational, concerts at the International Space Hall of Fame and the Cinco de Mayo celebration.