Requisition Number: 2018-2400
Type of Position: Full-Time
The Executive Vice President of Business Development drives the development of new business and client solutions for Diamond Healthcare Corporation, a leading national provider of behavioral health services and programs.
The primary responsibility is sales of management contracts, along with consulting, population health initiatives, and new post-acute services. The key market for these development efforts are hospitals and healthcare systems within the United States. Other markets include freestanding psychiatric and addiction treatment facilities. Additional responsibilities are:
- Implementing, improving and expanding Diamond Healthcare’s behavioral health offerings
- Help drive transformational and market share growth by guiding Diamond’s vision and strategy; supporting the growth and development of new service lines; as well as enhancing existing services and optimizing current accounts.
- Create and implement a process for reviewing, prioritizing and evaluating new business models, new market initiatives, diversified services, mergers and acquisitions, opportunities for expansion and other revenue enhancing growth plans.
The ideal candidate will have a proven, progressive track record of selling behavioral health contracts to healthcare systems nationwide, as well as:
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning, business development and marketing, and a strong understanding of the evolving behavioral healthcare landscape.
- Ability to analyze data and financial reports and apply quantitative analysis to decision-making.
- Ability to translate critical and complex market data (e.g., comparative volumes, quality, satisfaction, referral sources) into effective tools to support decision making; support the organization in the creation of, and execution against, the overall strategic plan, annual operating plan, and other key initiatives
The position reports to the President and CEO of Diamond Healthcare and involves nationwide travel.
- 10+ years of proven results and experience in contract management and solutions development. Project management experience a plus.
- Previous experience working at a senior leadership level with responsibility for oversight of a business development team.
- MBA, MHA or related Master’s degree
- Excellent management skills and proven track record of assessing and building strong teams.
- Knowledge of inpatient and outpatient mental health and substance abuse program operations, CON processes, environment of care issues and the hospital industry is required.
- Working knowledge of healthcare reimbursement, specifically within the behavioral health industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with healthcare executives and professional staff.
- Strong presentation skills required at the C-Suite level.
Hospital/Program DescriptionNot Specified