Requisition Number: 2018-2516
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Surprise, AZ
The Director of Social Work is responsible for providing and overseeing direct clinical social work, mental health counseling, chemical dependency treatment, and recreation services for Destiny Springs Healthcare, a brand new, state of the art, 90-bed behavioral health hospital in Surprise, Arizona. This position will work under the direction of Director of Clinical Services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Insure the completion of therapeutic service delivery, including Psychosocial Assessments, groups, treatment plans, etc.
- Assist in program development and implementation
- Provide direct clinical development and training
- Develop strategies that result in a positive facility image
- Assist the consultation and liaison service of the hospital
- Ensure that additional services, i.e., research, in-service training, new programs and services are planned, implemented and documented according to professional clinical standards
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about age specific needs of geriatric, adult, and child/adolescent populations and be skilled in a wide variety of behavioral health theories, modalities, assessments, planning and interventions.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with valid Arizona license required
- 3+ years of adult behavioral health, substance use treatment, group therapy and assessment experience is strongly preferred
- Management experience is strongly preferred
Destiny Springs Healthcare is a new 90-bed, 68,000 SF behavioral health hospital in Surprise Arizona scheduled to open late summer 2018. Destiny Springs will have patient rooms designed to embrace patient comfort while meeting patient needs with a milieu providing a safe, supportive and secure environment for individuals to return to a stable level of functioning.
Surprise AZ is a beautiful area with mild, low humidity weather located a short driving distance to major cities such as Phoenix and Tucson AZ. It’s also an easy ½ day drive to San Diego CA. Surprise can lay claim that it offers the largest tennis and racquet complex in the southwest along with golf courses and two public aquatic centers. In addition, Surprise is the spring training home of Major League Baseball’s Kansas City Royals and Texas Rangers at the Surprise Stadium.