Requisition Number: 2018-2683
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Winchester, VA
Diamond Healthcare is curently seeking a Director of Nursing.
The experienced Director of Nursing will provide an environment for effective relationship-based nursing care and to ensure that the department consistently provides high quality care with positive patient outcomes.
- Ensuring efficient fiscal operation of Inpatient Behavioral Health Services.
- Seeking and acting upon patient, family and staff feedback.
- Promoting, developing and evaluating processes and systems for patient care.
- Leading the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Evaluating the outcomes of patient care to recommend and integrate appropriate changes.
- Ensuring compliance with hospital, state, federal and licensing agency regulatory standards.
- Leading and/or participating in Quality Improvement (QI) groups and other multidisciplinary meetings.
- Collaboration with community health organizations to enhance the hospital’s community presence.
The Director will report to the Executive Director and Hospital's Chief Nursing Officer.
- MSN with psychiatric certification, a plus; or a BSN with a minimum of 5 years of psychiatric experience.
- Certification and/or Licensure in a clinical specialty area such as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Ability to effectively implement services in a multidisciplinary setting and in multi-site facilities.
- Understanding of and ability to operate under contract management.
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish a plus.
- Strong training skills, a plus.
Valley Health Behavioral Health offers a 26-bed general adult psychiatric unit and a 10-bed senior adult unit at Winchester Medical Center and two off-site Outpatient Programs for Seniors (Winchester and Shenandoah Memorial Hospital in Woodstock, VA).
Our Inpatient Program is an intensive, crisis stabilization program serving a wide spectrum of psychiatric disorders. We have a team of four Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and patients engage in daily milieu therapy with Psychiatric Clinicians, Program Therapists, Activities Therapists and Psychiatric RN’s. ECT is offered on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Our beautiful and historic Valley is located within a compact 200-mile region stretching from Harpers Ferry, WV to Roanoke, VA, and is majestically bordered by the Blue Ridge Mountains to the east and the Alleghenies to the west. Winchester is a rising star in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley and is just close enough to the ever-expanding D.C. area. It has also become a favorite for anyone needing the city just once in a while. The strategic location allows individuals to also get to New York in 4 hours or just about any other major eastern city by Dulles Airport.